- Event & Venue Listing Content Guidelines
- This site is an Internet property owned by Zvents, Inc. Our objective is
to aggregate event information from the venues and share that information
with the public. Part of our responsibility is to ensure that user-posted
content meets guidelines consistent with the values of the community we serve.
As a result, these content guidelines have been developed and govern the responsible
self-service listing of events on this site.
- We recommend that as a promoter, you provide the kind and type of information
that you would want to know if you were searching for an event to attend.
Providing users with as much accurate information as possible about the event
will help them more quickly gain an understanding of the event information
and make a better decision as to attendance. Do not include copyrighted content
- Use common sense as to the kind and type of information to include in listings.
But, in the event questions arise, we've provided specific guidelines. The
guidelines below provide you with relevant tips, including the types of violations
that are cause for immediate listing removal and/or suspension of a member's
account. Other inappropriate listings not described specifically below may
also warrant removal, denial of publication and/or suspension from the site.
This site reserves the right to remove any listing without warning or notice.
- This site does not control the Content listed via the user event entry process
and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such
Content. You understand that by searching and browsing the event listings
on this site that you may be exposed to Content, posted by other individuals,
that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will
this site be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited
to: any errors or omissions in any Content, any loss or damage of any kind
incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted
or other wise made available via the user event entry system for the listing
- Use of this site indicates that you agree to:
- Describe your event or venue faithfully without misrepresentation.
- Only include text descriptions, graphics, pictures and other content relevant
to the event or venue.
- Event Listing Guidelines
- When adding an event on this site, you specifically agree to all of the following:
- MEMBER CONDUCT: all information, data, text, software, photographs, graphics,
messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or
privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such
Content originated. You and not this site are entirely responsible for the Content
that you upload, list, transmit, email or otherwise make available through the
user event entry system for listing events
- All listed events must be listed in an appropriate category.
- You are not permitted to and you agree not to use the system to:
- upload, list, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that;
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory,
vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially,
ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary
rights ("Rights") of any party;
- you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual
or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential
information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under
- is unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk
mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes,"
or any other form of prohibited solicitation;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed
to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or
hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- contains graphics or text that is obscene, pornographic or adult in nature;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent
your affiliation with a person or entity;
- include contact information about an individual other than yourself in a
- interfere with or disrupt the classified ad order listing and display system
or servers or networks connected to the Classified listing system, or disobey
any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected
to the Classified listing system; intentionally or unintentionally violate any
applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited
to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission,
any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation,
the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and
any regulations having the force of law;
- "stalk" or otherwise harass another;
- collect or store personal data about other users;
actions that interfere with site operations; or
- FRAUD. Without limiting any other remedies, this site may suspend or terminate
your account if we suspect that you by conviction, settlement, insurance or
escrow investigation, or otherwise have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection
with the Site or advertisements placed via this site in the newspaper.
- Your Information and any items listed, and your activities on the site shall
- be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
- infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or
other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited
to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition,
antidiscrimination or false advertising);
- be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- be obscene or contain any kind of pornography;
- contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, easter
eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere
with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal
- create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the service
of our hosting service providers or other suppliers; and
- link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services
- are prohibited under the provisions of this Agreement;
- are concurrently listed for sale on a web site other than this site's (this
does not prevent linking to or advertising an item from another web site); or
- you do not have a right to link to or include.
- Furthermore, you may not list any item on this site or in the newspaper via
the ad ordering system that, by paying to us the listing fee, could cause us
to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
- BREACH: Without limiting other remedies, we may limit your activity, immediately
remove your item listings, warn our community of your actions, issue a warning,
temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse
to provide our classified listing systems to you if:
- you breach this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference;
- we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us;
- we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability
for you, our users or us.
- Event & Venue Content Display Guidelines
- You acknowledge that this site may or may not pre-screen Content, but that
this site and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in
their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any Content as appropriate.
Without limiting the foregoing, this site and its designees shall have the right
to remove any Content that violates the Terms of Service, Content Guidelines
or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all
risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the
accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge
that you cannot rely on any Content created by this site or posted to this site.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the event
and venue listings, including your Content, may involve:
- transmissions over various networks; and
- changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks
- You understand that the system for the listing and display of events and
software embodied within the event listing system may include security components
that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials
is subject to rules set by the site. You may not attempt to override or circumvent
any of the usage rules embedded into the system for the display of events. Any
unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition
of the materials provided on the site, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
- CONTENT RIGHTS GRANTED TO THIS SITE:
- This site does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available
for inclusion as an event listing on the site. However, with respect to Content
you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the
event listings system, you grant this site the following world-wide, royalty
free and non-exclusive license(s), as applicable:
- With respect to photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make available
for inclusion on publicly accessible area of the event listing system, the license
to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly
display such Content on the event listing system solely for the purpose for
which such Content was submitted or made available. This license exists only
for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the event listing
system and will terminate at the time you remove or the site removes such Content
from the event listing system.
- With respect to Content other than photos, graphics, audio or video you submit
or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the event listing
system, the perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable license to use,
distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and
publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such
Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
- "Publicly accessible" areas of the event listing system are those
areas of the site that are intended by the site to be available to the general
public. By way of example, publicly accessible areas of the event listing and
display system would include event listings. However, publicly accessible areas
of the event listing and display system would not include portions that are
limited to members, such as "My Account", "My Zvents" or
as portions of World Wide Web sites that are accessible via hypertext or other
links but are not hosted or served by the site.
- GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
- You acknowledge that the site may establish general practices and limits
concerning use of the event listing and display system, including without limitation
the maximum number of days that listings or other uploaded Content will be retained
by the event listing system, the maximum number of email messages that may be
sent from an account on the system, the maximum size of any email message that
may be sent from an account. You agree that the site has no responsibility or
liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications
or other Content maintained or transmitted by the event listing system. You
acknowledge that the site reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive
for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that the site reserves
the right to modify these general practices and limits from time to time.
- MODIFICATIONS TO EVENT LISTING SYSTEM: This site reserves the right at any
time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently,
the event listing system (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree
that the site shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification,
suspension or discontinuance of the event listing and display system.
- THIS SITE IS A VENUE
- This site acts as a venue allowing users to promote events and venues related
to just about anything, at anytime, from anywhere. We are not involved in the
actual events promoted. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety
or legality of the events listed, the truth or accuracy of the listings, including
non-exclusively the date and time event will occur, location of event or cost
of event. We cannot insure that the event will actually occur.
- Because this site is a venue, in the event that you have a dispute with one
or more users, you release the site (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries,
joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential)
of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed
and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- Questions related to the content guidelines should be referred to us via
the feedback form. Help us maintain good content on this site. If you see a
listing that does not meet the content guidelines, please let us know by using
the feedback form.
Copyright © Lodi News-Sentinel